Just as people and machinery get tired, there is something called Networking Fatigue. Here are some symptoms. See if you agree and maybe you have even experienced them. [Read more…]
I have a dilemma about writing posts. Instead of stewing about it, I thought I would write a post about it. Maybe some enterprising person has a solution.
It’s not writer’s block. I can handle that. Here’s my dilemma: too much to do at the same time and no time to write posts or finish posts I start. I want to write but I really need to:
- Renegotiate the office lease.
- Entertain several set of out-of-towners, family members and friends who want to see our spectacular Texas wild flowers, celebrate birthdays, see me. I also need to host several business events and meetups.
- Make presentations and attend other training sessions.
- Talk to prospects, potential allies, media, and government officials.
- Work with new clients on their overall vision, positioning, marketing plan and develop a workable sales process with them. Some are startups who need to work through and create financials. Two are expanding.
- Maintain the progress of existing clients: a landscaper, asset manager, two software developers, and a security company. Keep in contact with former clients who are working on projects we put in place: an architect, 2 environmental firms, and others.
- Volunteer. [Read more…]
My colleague, Dan Diener, was working with client who was re-negotiating an existing contract that was up for renewal. It ran into a snag because the contract was for a higher amount than the previous year in order to be in line with our client’s other contracts. This was crucial since our client provides personnel to others and significant benefits to his employees. [Read more…]