Anthony Palomba didn’t know about the "Business Permission to Operate If Clauses” when he started but he does now. He started Thakgnosis, which means “to know peace” but he hasn’t found time for that … [Read More...]
- This event has passed.
2nd Career Rebellion: Be the boss not the manager
October 15, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
You had a career and now you are ready to do something just for you. But what should you do if sitting in a rocking chair, travelling, or fishing every day aren’t enough? Join the 2nd Career Rebellion discussion at this program on starting or buying a business and passing it along to your kids or cashing out.
The Profit Mover Advisory Team™ (PMAT™) members are going to share options on being the boss instead of the worker or manager. It’s time to make your own decisions. Food, invention, tech, fashion, art of all kinds, pets, and professions are open to you now that you can do what you want. The best part is you don’t need to start from scratch because you already know a lot.
After this discussion, you’ll know more about how to get going when it comes to legal, sales, marketing, funding, pricing, social media for almost any business idea you have. Stay afterwards to talk individually with team members.
“God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.” (Thomas Jefferson paraphrased)
- Jan Triplett, Business Success Center, founder and leader
- Patricia Bauer-Slate, Patricia’s Lunch Boxes
- Bill Combes, No Time for Social, co-host of this meetup
- Dan Diener, CFO, Business Success Center
- Andrew Eisenberg, Intellectual Property Attorney, Lee & Hayes
- Françoise Luca, Westview Marketing
- Steve Pearson, Pearson Strategy Group
We will start right at noon so please be on time. Come early if you want to eat and sit with our speakers. Bring cards to share and be prepared to share a recent success! The meeting is free but please be prepared to spend at least $10 to defray the cost of the room.
This is a program of the Austin Small Biz Success Meetup and the Business Success Center but everyone is welcome.
Host: Jan Triplett, Ph.D., CEO, Business Success Center and author/speaker on the 100+ Ways to Fund a Business.
What can I bring into the event?
- Business cards and an introduction. Everyone will introduce themselves. Everyone will share a recent personal or business success.
- Money to pay the restaurant for what you order.